In 2003 a devastating fire destroyed the Dominic College Chapel. Sadly, the beautiful life-size paintings of the Stations of the Cross, located on fourteen large glass windows around the Chapel, were lost in the fire.
The new College Chapel, designed by old scholar and architect Elvio Brianese, was blessed and inaugurated in 2007. Since then the College has been considering the best way of re-establishing the Stations of the Cross.
Fortunately, the College had photos and slides of the old Stations and, with the aid of modern technology, we will be able to reproduce each Station, framed in a glass display case with LED lighting, in a way that will closely replicate the originals and their stained glass effect.
In honour of the bi-centenary of the birth of Don Bosco (1815-2015), the College is launching an appeal to help fund the new Stations. Each Station will cost $1800 to reproduce and install and we are seeking donations from old scholars and friends to assist with this cost.
A small plaque located under each Station will acknowledge the donor and all donations are tax deductible. For details on how you can contribute, please contact the Senior Finance Officer or see the brochure with full details at the button below..
It is hoped that future generations of students and their families will be inspired by the extraordinary story of the passion and death of Jesus Christ, while also remembering the kindness and generosity of those who made it possible to have the new Stations installed.