60th Anniversary of arrival of Dominican Sisters in Tasmania
In 1959, 60 years ago, the Dominican Sisters arrived in Hobart, to bring Catholic Education to the Northern Suburbs.
They founded St John’s Primary and Holy Name schools in Glenorchy, and Holy Rosary school in Claremont. Years later they co-founded Dominic College and then Guilford Young College. Throughout they were, and continue to be, an integral presence in St John’s Catholic Parish in Glenorchy.
This anniversary will be celebrated with a special Mass, followed by light refreshments in the foyer, at 10am on Sunday 15 September at St John’s Glenorchy. All friends, old scholars and associates of the Dominicans are warmly invited to attend.